Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chapter II: Awakening

     I rested for what felt like an eternity or maybe just a lifetime.  Either way, I rested away the weight of the world that I left behind.  I slept away all of my past, shaded beneath this tree whose branches seemed to bend around me as if it were cradling me in its huge arms.  It was a tree that appeared to have never been touched by man or any creation of him.  This tree was pure, innocent and unscathed as if God had just given birth to the idea of it, as if it somehow was unexposed to the 'growing pains' of life.  In fact, everything in this place looked familiar, yet somehow very different.  The sun shined a warm white light onto life all around it; however, this was a different type of warmth.  What I am describing cannot be attributed to temperature or heat necessarily, but to the warmth of a love that knows no bounds...it simply exists so that life may continue.  This pure white light spread over the earth and created a golden brown surface of soft soil and flowers of colors for which I know no language to describe.  This was a magical place and I somehow felt a ONENESS with it that called me to take notice of its splendor, of its generosity to embody (in-body) beauty regardless of mans lack of vision to see it.  I took a photo of it in my mind and drifted back to sleep, hoping that it would still be there when I awakened but "hope" would be unnecessary for it followed me into my dreams.  I would never again truly experience the world as it were prior to this dream, or shall I say, awakening.

.....to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment