Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chapter V: Ascension

     As I rested I fell into a deep sleep yet remained conscious within my state of observation.  In this state, I watched myself being born to the concept of the death that awaited my physical presence.  I watched within a blink of an eye as my my previous life seemed to unfold before me.  A lifetime of living was condensed into a Milli second of awakening.  The pain of helplessness passed through me as I struggled to navigate through a life that did not recognize me.  I saw myself as a child and then as a woman, attempting to become the innocence I had once been.  I could hear my parents' voices as they called for me to "treat everyone as I wanted to be treated," and to "always try my best."  I could feel the love radiating through their voices and into my listening.  These two phrases would shape my existence, both condemning me and releasing me depending on which path I chose to embody.

No comments:

Post a Comment